(photo by shutterstock)
The rock star relationship lifestyle ain't no walk in the park. Here are a few things about dating a rock star that isn't the way that you think.
1. They're not as cool as they seem. In fact, if you stripped away all their stage-cred and hype, they'd just be talented guitar nerds.
2. You're always worried about money. Unless they're collecting royalties from their former days with Aerosmith, you're probably somewhat worried about your future together. It's a common
misconception that if a band is popular, they make a lot of money. Bands can be well-known, and still not have health insurance and wonder how they'll pay rent.
3. You have to go for a really long time without sex. When your significant other takes off on tour, you not only abstain from sex for however long they're gone, but you also just really miss your favorite person.
4.Communication can be really terrible. They're also always exhausted on tour, so there's not a whole lot of quality conversation happening. Need to book plane tickets for Christmas? Good
luck having that chat.
5. One word: YouTube. If you want to feel included in the details of their day while they're on tour, you have to up the ante on your social media activity (or stalker skills, you choose).
6. They're moody. And you get to be the one on the receiving end. When they're on tour, they're not doing all the crazy shenanigans you think they are (well, not all the time).
7. They really actually miss you. Tour can be a lonely, isolating stretch of 3-hour-a-night sleeps, tension over a bandmate's attitude problem (or drinking problem), and general emotional exhaustion. And I won't speak for all musicians, but there are (believe it or not) some of them who stay completely committed.