CLICK HERE for more info on California Avocados!
Feeling the need to refresh your hair & give it some much-needed shine? Check out this amazing DIY recipe for a hair mask that will change your life!
What You Need:
- a bowl,
- an electric mixer/beater
- ripe California Avocado
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- a hair clip
- shower cap
- a blow dryer.
What You Do:
- in a bowl, mix half of a ripe California Avocado (smashed) and 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil (double the recipe for long or thick hair).
- using your electric mixer/beater, whip the two ingredients together until they reach a creamy consistency.
- take the bowl into the shower with you for an easier, less messy application.
- shampoo hair well, ring out excess water, then apply the mask all over. if you have fine/flat hair, skip the roots and only do middle to ends. clip it up and cover it with the shower cap.
- jump out of the shower and warm the treatment up with your blow dryer on a low heat setting for about one minute. heat will allow the treatment to soak in much further than it would without. try to leave it on for as long as you can. anywhere from 5 minutes-30 minutes is perfect.
- jump back in the shower and rinse thoroughly. condition as usual with your regular conditioner.
Also– feel free to add a drop or two of fragrant essential oil! Jasmine, lavender, eucalyptus, chamomile, anything. Your hair will soak up the scent as well!
& viola. Enjoy!
Brought to you by: