YOU CAN ALWAYS REACH ME BY EMAIL HERE
Prizes Week of 5/20 M-TH
3p: Family 4 Pack to San Diego Zoo
5p: West Coast Funk Festival (Lakeside, Zapp, S.O.S Band)
(you will need the video of day to win)
6p: HSN #1 - Up In Smoke
THE "VIDEO OF THE DAY" THIS WEEK
Here's points for you Hot Insiders!
MY BONUS CODE-Worth 1000 pts
(good once a week fr 5/20-5/26)
Miguel's Billboard Performance mishap, with funny comments
THE PEOPLE PARENTS SHOULD NOT "FRIEND" ON FACEBOOK
1. Your kid's teacher--Sharing on Facebook could become uncomfortable, especially if an issue happens at school. The teacher may feel it's difficult to be objective about your child or that you're asking for special treatment.
2. The weekend babysitter--It's fine to poke around online before you hire but decline her friend request. You're bound to see a post or photo that makes you cringe and it could ruin your relationship.
3. The moms in your kid's class--This one's a yes, but be selective. Pick only the moms you're already friendly with. You're not going to bond with the whole parent body online and shouldn't risk annoying potential future playdates with your posts.
4. Your family pediatrician--Facebook isn't the place for medical communication, and unless you go out for drinks regularly with your kid's doctor, they simply shouldn't be a part of your social life.
5. An old boyfriend--If either of you is married, then no. The posts or pictures could hurt your partner's feelings. Many people have a hidden agenda for finding and friending an ex, so be honest about why you're reaching out.
RENEE TAYLOR'S BIRTHDAY BLAST!!!
Is your birthday coming up or do you know somone who will be celebrating their birthday? Hit me up at RENEE@HOT923.COM and I'll get it out.
Or you can always call weekdays (866) 246-8923 to get your birthday shout on the air! All birthdays air around 5:40pm
Gemini are extremely independent. They will not be pinned down by anyone or any rules. Change and freedom are extremely important to Gemini, they will never let anyone dictate them, they are extremely independent and freedom is essential to their mental well being. Gemini make very interesting and exciting friends. They like to leave their mark on everyone they meet They are very generous with their friends, they will spend lots of time with you and share everything with you. Even though Gemini is a social butterfly, they always need time for themselves and that should be respected. Routine and boredom are Gemini's biggest fears
While the 55th Annual Grammy Awards were huge, celebrating music released over the last year, a lot of new albums and projects were announced too. Keeping up as it pertains to R releases, John Legend, Ashanti, Tyrese, Elle Varner and Kelly Rowland are among those that gave updates or announced brand new efforts. Plus find out which one has been inspired by Michelle Obama and Stevie Wonder. Read more at (singersroom.com) And if you want to take a peek inside the Grammy after parties head over to (ybf.com)
MARY J CLEAN & SOBER
Mary J. Blige, a self-confessed born-again Christian, says Whitney Houston’s death in February 2012 hit her hard, and made her realize it was time to seek spiritual help in an effort to cut out her binge drinking. “I didn’t want to go to rehab,” she tells Los Angeles Confidential magazine. “I believe that anything man himself can do for me, God can do in a greater way. I decided to pray and to seek God on my own. I just stayed in the Word. And it worked.” Blige admits she struggled with alcohol addiction after trying to cut back and just drink socially. “I chose to learn how to drink socially and it didn’t work,” she said. “The test comes when you have to decide whether you’re drinking to be social or drinking to cover up something again. To cover up depression, to cover up guilt. Shame. Abandonment… Once I realized, ‘There you go again,’ I had to stop. “Whitney Houston’s death really affected me. Her death is another reason I stopped. I really do think I’m done. I looked at how that woman could not perform anymore.”
BEYONCE’S NEXT CHAPTER
If the public still hasn’t had its fill of Beyonce, just wait until Saturday. OWN has announced that the entertainer will be the subject of “Oprah’s Next Chapter” airing Saturday, Feb. 16 at 8 p.m., which precedes HBO’s premiere of Beyonce’s documentary “Life is But a Dream” at 9 p.m. Topics to be discussed during Oprah Winfrey’s chat with the 17-time Grammy winner include directing her HBO documentary and performing during the Super Bowl. Beyoncé was last interviewed by Winfrey for the “Oprah” show in 2008.